Bwindi Impenetrable National ParkNovember 4, 2016
Kidepo Valley National ParkNovember 20, 2016
The Uganda Museum is the biggest and the oldest Museum in Uganda which starated in 1908 at Lugard’s fort on OLd Kampala Hill in Kampala city. It later moved to Makerere University at the school of industrial and fine arts and lastly to KItante Hill where it stands today. the Museum has different sections including:
- Traditional music section with the traditional musical instruments and a live perfamance is available for the visitors
- Archeaology section with the parts of Stone Age and Irone Age where you will be able to see the stone tools which were used 1,000,000 years ago
- Independence pavilion of science and industry having transport (7th car in Uganda), communication (model of the 1st telephone in East Africa)
- Ethnohistory with the things of recent history like the first printing press in Uganda
- Ethnography providing the visitors with the touch of cultures and peoples’ way of life
- Paleaolontology with the fossils aged about 20,000,000 years ago. Also discover the distinct species of mammals like LOng- horned buffalo and the Indian Elephant
Outside the Museum is the Living museum (Cultural village) that exhibits the ways of lives of Ugandans as it represents the whole of Uganda.
Located in Kampala, the capital along Kira Road (to Kamwokya) off Bombo Road. The museum contains rich materials from Uganda and is a must see.
When to visit
Throughout the year, however, the museum usually receives a high number of visitors, including foreign tourists, during the December Christmas festive season.